Sunday, October 23, 2011

Caramel Skin, Terry Edwards poem

I met Terry Edwards at the Marlow Toastmaster's meeting, Thursday, and had heard him telling his latest Poem. Because of it, already, the trip was worth while.
===========================
WORD, by Terry Edwards
Marlow TM Meeting-07
Caramel skin

I look at you and the season is always spring
Danger meets you sitting
I love the way your clothes are fitting
Harmony vibes in your stride
I love the way you glide

Your gaze is blinding
All I want to do is sit with you on the horizon
Do you like the finer things in life?
Well I’m lucky
Because I am watching one of God’s delights
I want to slip stream in to your dream
And love will blossom in
Shyness is not completeness
But with you I will disregard this weakness
And Blaze you like a candle
And only God will be able to dismantle
The attraction I have for you

Let me rubbish in heartache
If you think me fake
If you don’t let us both awake
To a daybreak of sunlight and bliss

I hear you talk
And my heart shatters in silence
Now witness the calling of one bird to another
I blush every time I smell your scent
Is this me singing a song?
Or living wrong

Marlow TM Meeting-08Some nights I awake with your image
Caressed in beauty
I wonder who is holding your body
Love singles out lust
What I see in you is a must
I shine without the weather
Because when I look at you
All I see is pleasure

To me
You
Your body your mind and soul
Is one big treasure
I would love to hold
And let the sacrament unfold

Because
Because you’re beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment