Monday, August 30, 2010

True Tales from Grants Whisky

About True Tales from Grant’s Whisky


Great web site - I like their way of speaking about family and tradition too.

True Tales is an event in Manchester the 8th October at which I will participate.
Listening about the story of the current leader's grand father,
I remembered my own grand grand mother's distillery.

About the same time, the end of the 19th century towards 1880,
after her husband's eary death, leaving her alone with 6 children
- her 7th having died when only two years old -
the oldest, only girl and my grand-mother, only 14 year old,

my grand grand ma Paula took over the alcool distilery and continued instead of her husband
not easy at that time a woman leading a factory in a small town!
she finally, succeed and also to make the bussness threave,
and the family grow up and gave them good professions,

and married my grand mother...
who would have rather become piano player,
but that, is yet another story

Paula, my great great ma, was a character
that I tried to follow in my life
full of compassion and optimism too,
even as she lived many years blind,

she taught me a lot when I was 12 and she 92

My next story will be perhaps about her

No comments:

Post a Comment