Friday, July 30, 2010

Cul-de-sac !

No exit from this street - says the Cul-de-sac inscription.

Strange how some of the French words are used in the English Capital, pardon, the British capital. In fact, London is both. At least, from the time of the last football event, it is more used English too not only "United Kingdom."

I love the surroundings around the Emperor's Gate, not far from the Earl's Court I first tried to find a place to live. This is only one underground station off near it, and even more central. We had a great meeting there Wednesday evening.

Of course, it would have been a lot more expensive then here, and smaller, probably too, but mostly, far away from my grand children.

Letting open my window, nowadays, I can here now the birds singing and after seven, it is still light. Soon, I will be on to Paris, I like too, and I have some fond memories also.

No comments:

Post a Comment