Sunday, September 27, 2009

Toastmasters Area Contest short video

Here is a two minute video of the beginning of my humorous speech recorded by my son. I won : experience, and a diploma of attendance. And, I think, some friends which is wonderful!

This morning, I woke up, thinking it over and mostly not about what I did, but what I left out. Unhappily, I left out some people that I mentioned in my first speech, the same but modified for the occasion. In the initial speech I did speak a lot more about the club members and the speeches they gave before me (I was the last to speak then) and this time I wanted to include the more clubs present.

That was done well and impressed those from other clubs, but I fear alienated those from my own club I did represent in this occasion. This is my regret more then not having won this time, I did not expect to win anyway. But I was also more stressed and less letting go then in the club, and perhaps did not look either far enough to people at the back of the room.

So, mostly not what I have done wrong, but what I did not do. Good lesson, again. "Dare to fail" and learn from it, then you did not fail, just learned from it.

1 comment:

  1. You got some laughs, which is, after all, the point of the humorous speech.

    So I'd say you won!

    ReplyDelete