Saturday, May 24, 2008

Poppies under the highway

Poppy time near my city, even if planted they are wonderful.

Poppy - pipacs in Hungarian, coquelicot in French. Red, usually. But nowadays they make them also rose, yellow or even white.

I went through the bridge and under the highway yesterday to take some picture of their spendor. Could not render the beauty I have seen, and perhaps it was too late in the day also?

Poppies under the highway-12
But after taking twenty pictures near one or far away, on their left and right of the field, with or without people or cars speeding by it, I choose a few and posted them on flickr. This morning I found some comments that touched me as much as the poppies themselves.

"Itt a pipacs" was all a Hungarian wrote under one of the pictures but it was enough. Yes, the poppies are here, in every language, they speak to so many and no need for translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment