Friday, September 19, 2008

Open building days

There is a "journée de Patrimoine" in Paris, in France too. I do believe it must be the same day as in London. Lots of public spaces open that day to the public.

One of those days I went to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, place Charles de Gaulle, near Champs Elysee. This is the view opposite to the Champs with the Defense far away.

Vieille centre Argenteuil-16Another year, I went to Argenteuil's museum and took a chesnut on the ground. It became one of my favorite pictures. Yet another time, I went to the Assemblé National, the French congress. As I was there some time before the opening, I got to meet also its president, who spoke to us while we were in the Chamber of the Congress.

But what I liked even more was the small kiosk selling journals, near it and the windows, closed the summer a few month before on the place. Somehow, small things hit me more then bigger ones. Remain stronger in my memory, on my photos.

What will be this year as I'll go to visit some places open this weekend in London?

No comments:

Post a Comment